These Promotion and Referral Program Terms and Conditions (“Program Terms”) are applicable to your participation in the Dollar Shave Club (“DSC”) Promotion and Referral Program (the “Program”). The Program allows Members to earn promotional credits (“Credits”) towards a future purchase of products by referring their friends, family, or other individuals (“Prospective Members”) to DSC.
Members and Prospective Members that wish to take part in the Program are bound by these Program Terms. If you do not agree and abide by these Program Terms in their entirety, you are not authorized to participate in the Program. Members and Prospective Members may not participate in the Program where doing so would be prohibited by any applicable law or regulations.
1. HOW THE PROGRAM WORKS:
1.1 Program Participation, Generally. To earn Credits, a Member must be logged in to their Member account on the Site (uk.dollarshaveclub.com). The Member can enter the Prospective Member’s email address on the Program referral page, which can be found under the Member’s Account page. Prospective Members will be sent a unique invitation link from the Member inviting them to sign up for a Membership (“Invitation Link”). Members may also share their Invitation Link with Prospective Members as otherwise directed on the Program referral page.
Members will earn Credits towards future purchases if:
(a) The Member is an Eligible Member (as defined below);
(b) The Prospective Member clicks on the Invitation Link and creates a valid Membership (during the same session) that complies with the DSC Terms of Service; and
(c) The Prospective Member completes a Successful Referral (as defined below).
If the Prospective Member does not complete the sign-up in the same session, the Member will be not be credited for that referral and will not be eligible for the Credit, even if the Prospective Member subsequently signs up for a Membership. For purposes of clarification, completion of sign-up in the same session means clicking the Invitation Link provided by Member and completing the sign-up within a reasonable period of time and without the Prospective Member closing their Internet browser or pressing the back button.
1.2 Eligible Member. To be eligible for the Program and to receive a Credit for making a referral, a Member must:
(a) Be a resident in the United Kingdom;
(b) Be at least the age of majority in the United Kingdom;
(c) Have provided the Prospective Member with their Invitation Link; and
(d) Not be an employee of DSC, its service providers or any of its or their subsidiaries, affiliates or promotional agencies, or immediate family or a household member of any such employee.
2. Making a Referral
2.1 Members can refer Prospective Members by entering the Prospective Member’s information on the applicable Program referral page. The Prospective Member will then be sent the Invitation Link.
3. Successful Referrals. A Successful Referral means that all the following conditions are met:
3.1 The Prospective Member completed the registration process for a Membership using the Member’s Invitation Link. If a Prospective Member registers for a Membership using any other link or method, the registration will not count as a Successful Referral and the Member will not be rewarded a Credit;
3.2 The Prospective Member must not have previously been registered with DSC as a Member under any other email address or alias, and must not have previously submitted their email to the Site to receive Credits; and
3.3 The Prospective Member must be (i) at least 18 years old; and (ii) meets the eligibility requirements to become a Member.
4. Earning Credits. Once the Prospective Member completes a Successful Referral, the referring Member will be credited with the Credit amount described on the Program referral page or in any accompanying promotional materials for each Successful Referral. The actual Credit to be earned will be determined by DSC, in its sole discretion, as specified on the Program referral page. All Credits received under these Program Terms will automatically be credited to the Member’s account. Credits can only be applied in the amount specified by DSC towards the Member’s orders of future products made via the Site. A Member may attain an unlimited number of Credits, but any Credit shall be subject to review and/or verification at any time by DSC and it is in the sole discretion of DSC as to the legitimacy and validity of such Credit.
5. Verifying Credits. All Credits are subject to verification. DSC may delay issuance of a Credit for the purposes of investigation. DSC may also refuse to verify and process any transaction that DSC deems, in its sole discretion, to be fraudulent, suspicious, or in violation of these Program Terms, or that DSC believes will impose potential liability on DSC beyond what is reasonable for this Program, its subsidiaries, affiliates or any of their respective officers, directors, employees, representatives and agents. DSC may cancel, amend or revoke Credits at any time due to business considerations or circumstances beyond DSC’s control where it is lawful to do so. DSC is not responsible for errors, omissions, malfunctions, interruptions, deletions, delays or failures of operations. All of DSC’s decisions are final and binding, including decisions as to whether a Successful Referral or Credit is verified.
6. Value of Credit. Credits may not, under any circumstances, be redeemed for cash or any cash equivalent including but not limited to gift cards, certificates, or refunds. DSC may cancel, amend or revoke any Credit at any time for any reason where it is lawful to do so.
7. Transfer of Credits. Credits are personal to the Member and are not transferable and may not be auctioned, traded, bartered or sold, whether by operation of law or otherwise. Upon termination of the Program or any portion thereof for any reason, or upon disqualification of any parties to the Program by DSC, for any reason, any unused Credits accumulated by any of the parties to this Program are forfeited.
8. Additional Program Conditions:
8.1 DSC shall not be liable for:
(a) late, lost, delayed, stolen, misdirected, incomplete, inaccurate, unreliable, garbled or unintelligible registrations, links, communications or affidavits, regardless of the method of transmission;
(b) Data corruption, theft, destruction, unauthorized access to or alteration of account information or other materials;
(c) Any injuries, losses or damages of any kind resulting from acceptance, possession or use of a Credit, or from participation in the Program;
(d) Any printing, typographical, administrative or technological errors in any websites or materials associated with the Program; or
(e) Claims and demands made, and damages sought in disputes between users of the Program.
9.1 Nothing in these Program Terms shall exclude or limit DSC’s liability for death or personal injury caused by negligence or for fraudulent misrepresentation. Parties to this Program have certain legal rights. Parties to this Program have certain legal remedies if DSC breaches any of these rights. Nothing in these Program Terms is intended to affect these legal rights or other rights to which parties to this Program may also be entitled.
9.2 DSC disclaims any liability for damage to any computer system resulting from participating in, or accessing or downloading information in connection with the Program, and reserve the right, in their sole discretion, to cancel, modify or suspend the Program should a virus, bug, computer problem, unauthorized intervention or other causes beyond DSC’s control, corrupt the administration, security or proper play of the Program where it is lawful to do so
9.3 DSC shall not be liable to any parties to the Program for failure to supply any Credits or any part thereof, by reason of any acts of God, any action(s), regulation(s), order(s) or request(s) by any governmental or quasi-governmental entity (whether or not the action(s), regulations(s), order(s) or request(s) prove(s) to be invalid), equipment failure, threatened terrorist acts, terrorist acts, air raid, blackout, act of public enemy, earthquake, tornado, tsunami, war (declared or undeclared), fire, flood, epidemic, explosion, unusually severe weather, hurricane, embargo, labor dispute or strike (whether legal or illegal), labor or material shortage, transportation interruption of any kind, work slow-down, civil disturbance, insurrection, riot, or any other similar or dissimilar cause beyond DSC’s control.
9.4 DSC reserves the right to cancel, modify, or suspend the Program should it determine, in its sole discretion, that the administration, security or fairness of the Program has been compromised in any way, where it is lawful to do so.
10. Bulk Distribution (“Spam”).
10.1 Members must not use email or other electronic messages to send their Invitation Links to Prospective Members except in compliance with applicable anti-spam legislation and other applicable laws.
10.2 Bulk email distribution, distribution to strangers, or any other promotion of an Invitation Link in a manner that would constitute or appear to constitute unsolicited commercial email or “spam” in DSC’s sole discretion is expressly prohibited and may be grounds for immediate termination of the concerned party’s accrued Credits and deactivation of the concerned party’s Invitation Link. We have a zero-tolerance spam policy.
10.3 DSC has no obligation to monitor the content provided by Members; however, DSC may choose to do so and block any email messages, remove any such content, or prohibit any use of the Program.
11. Fraudulent and Suspicious Behaviour.
11.1 DSC may prohibit a Member from participating in the Program or receiving a Credit, in its sole discretion, if it determines that such Member, either directly or indirectly, is attempting to undermine the fairness, integrity or legitimate operation of the Program in any way by cheating, hacking, deception, or any other unfair playing practices that would in any way annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other users or representatives of DSC.
11.2 Use of any automated system, script, or macro to participate in the Program or generate Successful Referrals is strictly prohibited and will result in the responsible Member’s disqualification from the Program.
11.3 Members may not enter with multiple or fake email addresses or accounts, use fictitious identities or use any system, bot or other device or artifice to participate in the Program or receive a Credit.
11.4 DSC reserves the right to disqualify any Member and/or cancel any Credits if they determine a Member has tampered with the operation of the Program or violated these Program Terms.
DSC reserves the right to suspend, disqualify or terminate any Member’s or Prospective Member’s participation in the Program and forfeit any Credits earned if the Member or Prospective Member is found to have engaged in any prohibited conduct or otherwise violated the provisions of these Program Terms. If Members have engaged in prohibited conduct, spam or fraudulent or suspicious behaviour that undermines or affects the integrity or credibility of the Program, and DSC is unable to find a solution to restore the integrity and credibility of the Program, then DSC may in its sole discretion cancel, change or suspend the Program where it is lawful to do so.
CAUTION: ANY DELIBERATE ATTEMPT TO DAMAGE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE PROGRAM MAY CONSTITUTE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND MAY RESULT IN DISQUALIFICATION FROM FURTHER PARTICIPATION IN THE PROGRAM. DSC RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK REMEDIES AND DAMAGES (INCLUDING LEGAL FEES) TO THE FULLEST EXTENT OF THE LAW, INCLUDING CRIMINAL PROSECUTION, IN THE EVENT OF ANY SUCH ATTEMPT.