Looking for answers? You've come to the right place.
Dollar Shave Club Father's Day Instagram Competition – Terms and Conditions
Please read these terms and conditions carefully. These terms and conditions ("Terms") apply to Father’s Day 2019 Instagram Competition (the "Prize Draw"). You will be legally bound by these Terms from the time you submit an entry for the Prize Draw.
The promoter of the Prize Draw is Dollar Shave Club B.V, whose registered office is at Weena 455, 3013 AL Rotterdam, the Netherlands ("Dollar Shave Club").
If you have any queries about the Prize Draw or these Terms then please contact us at email@example.com.
Opening and closing dates, eligibility
- The Prize Draw will begin at 12:01 on 13/06/2019 and close on or around 23:59 on 13/06/2019 (the "Prize Draw Period").
- The Prize Draw is open to all individuals who are:
- residents of the [United Kingdom];
- aged 18 years or over; and
- registered users of a valid Instagram account, at the time of entry into the Prize Draw.
- The Prize Draw is not open to employees, contractors, representatives, agents, officers or directors of Dollar Shave Club, its parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, marketing agencies, or to any of their immediate family members or persons living in the same household, whether or not related, or anyone else connected with the Prize Draw.
- Internet access, an Instagram account and an email address are required to enter the Prize Draw.
- No purchase or payment is necessary to participate in the Prize Draw.
- To enter the Prize Draw participants must:
- visit http://www.Instagram.com/dsc_uk (the “Page”);
- follow Dollar Shave Club's Instagram account, if not followed already;
- comment on a "call to action" message ("Post"), which will be posted on the Page during the Prize Draw Period, with the name of a ‘good dad’ that you know, and the reason you think they’re special (the “Required Entry Information”) to receive one (1) entry into the Prize Draw, during the Prize Draw Period.
- Entries must be completed correctly, received and recorded by Dollar Shave Club's computer during the Prize Draw Period to be eligible to win a prize.
- Participants must ensure that their entries are:
- their own original work and do not infringe any third party rights;
- responsive to the Post;
- not obscene or offensive;
- do not depict alcohol, illegal drugs, tobacco, firearms/weapons, or any activities that may appear unsafe or dangerous or illegal;
- are not sexually explicit or suggestive;
- are in compliance with the rules, policies and terms of service of the platform where they are posted (e.g. Instagram) and all applicable laws, regulations and code rules (and would not place Dollar Shave Club in breach of any such rules, policies, terms of service or applicable laws, regulations and codes, as determined by Dollar Shave Club in its sole discretion);
- are otherwise suitable for presentation in a public forum (as determined by Dollar Shave Club in its sole discretion).
- Dollar Shave Club may, in its sole discretion, alter or remove any comment or require any participant to alter or remove any comments. Any questions, comments or complaints regarding this Prize Draw should be directed to Dollar Shave Club and not to Instagram.
- Entrants understand that they are posting at their sole risk.
- Entries generated by script, macro, mechanical or other automated means are prohibited and will cause disqualification. Multiple entries made through agents, third parties, organised groups or any entry duplication method will not be accepted.
- If at any time you wish to withdraw from the Prize Draw your request should be made in writing to Dollar Shave Club at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Dollar Shave Club accepts no responsibility for entries that are illegible or lost, delayed, damaged or rendered invalid for any reason beyond its control.
- Entries that are not submitted in accordance with these Terms and/or that are delayed, damaged, incomplete, altered, illegible or otherwise defective will be disqualified.
- Dollar Shave Club reserves the right to verify the eligibility of entries. Entrant must be the authorised account holder of the e-mail address registered to the Instagram account used to enter the Prize Draw. The “authorised account holder” is defined as the natural person to whom the e-mail address is assigned by an internet service provider, online service provider or other organisation (e.g., business, educational institution, etc.) that is responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address. In the event of a discrepancy between the identity of the authorised account holder, the “winner,” and the entrant, Dollar Shave Club reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to determine whether the entry is valid or to declare the entry invalid and select an alternate winner from a random drawing of all remaining eligible entries.
- Dollar Shave Club reserves the right to disqualify any entrant it believes not to be participating within the spirit of the promotion or suspects of participating in any unfair or unjust behaviour. Dollar Shave Club reserves the right to use its discretion in all respects and to enforce any penalty or sanction it deems appropriate.
- This Prize Draw is in no way sponsored, endorsed, or administered by Instagram. Instagram is completely released of all liability by each entrant in this Prize Draw. This Prize Draw is subject to Instagram's terms of service, which can be found at: https://instagram.com/about/legal/terms/
Selection of Winners
- One (1) winner will be drawn at random from all valid and eligible entries received during the Prize Draw Period ("Winner(s)").
- The Winner will be selected on or around 14/06/2019.
- The Winner will be notified by way of a direct message on Instagram. Winners must acknowledge this notification within 72 hours in order to claim the Prize. This notification will include instructions on how the Winner can claim the Prize.
- The Winner may be required, in Dollar Shave Club's sole discretion, to:
- provide identification sufficient to show that he or she is the authorised account holder of the Instagram account; and
- enter into a prize winner's agreement in the form provided by Dollar Shave Club.
- In the event a Prize is unclaimed after reasonable efforts have been made to contact the Winner; the Winner cannot accept the Prize; the Winner is not eligible for the Prize or has not complied with these Terms; or the notification to the Winner or the Prize is returned undelivered, Dollar Shave Club will be entitled to dispose of the Prize as it sees fit without any liability to the Winner for having done so, including by awarding the Prize to a replacement winner selected in the same way as the original Winner. Dollar Shave Club will attempt to contact up to three (3) replacement winners, after which the Prize may not be awarded if it remains unclaimed.
- The Winner will win an Immaculate Shave Set, including; Executive handle, Executive blades (x4), Shave Butter (88ml), Post Shave Dew (88ml) and Prep Scrub (88ml) ("Prize").
- There is no cash or other prize alternative to any Prize, except [in the event of circumstances outside Dollar Shave Club's reasonable control / where a Prize or a component of a Prize is unavailable or cannot be awarded for any reason], when Dollar Shave Club reserves the right (but is not obliged) to substitute a similar or alternative Prize (or component of the Prize) of equivalent or greater value.
- Prizes will be sent by post to the postal address supplied by the Winner.
- Prizes are non-transferable and non-refundable.
- The name and county of the Winner(s) and the Prize(s) won will (unless the Winner(s) has objected on lawful grounds) be made available on receipt of an email to email@example.com before 2 months after the closing date.
- Any Winner may be required to take part in non-paid publicity or advertising relating to the Prize Draw, which may include having their photograph taken for promotional and/or press purposes.
- Dollar Shave Club reserves the right to feature the name, photograph and location of the Winner in any future marketing materials, website publications, promotions and/or prize draws.
- Any decision of Dollar Shave Club is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- Dollar Shave Club reserves the right to delay, postpone or cancel the Prize Draw and/or amend or alter these Terms in the event of circumstances outside its reasonable control, which it considers make it necessary for it to do so.
- If there is a conflict in these Terms with any other terms whatsoever attached to any other advertising material in respect of this Prize Draw, these conditions will take precedence.
- Dollar Shave Club accepts no responsibility or liability for (a) any entries which are not received due to the use of incorrect or inaccurate entry information, any faulty or failed electronic data transmissions, or for any other reason; (b) any unauthorised access to, or theft, destruction or alteration of entries at any point in the operation of the Prize Draw; (c) any technical malfunction, failure, error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or communications line failure, regardless of cause, with regard to any equipment, systems, networks, lines, satellites, servers, computers or providers used in any aspect of the operation of the Prize Draw; (d) inaccessibility or unavailability of any network or wireless service, the Internet and/or any website; or (f) any injury or damage to any person’s computer(s) or mobile device(s) which may be related to or result from any attempt to participate in the Prize Draw or to download any materials in connection with the Prize Draw.
- Dollar Shave Club will award the Prize as described in these Terms. However, Dollar Shave Club accepts no responsibility or liability for the Winner's use of the Prize.
- Any personal information supplied in connection with the Prize Draw will be used, shared and retained as set out in the Privacy Notice of Dollar Shave Club posted at https://uk-help.dollarshaveclub.com/hc/en-us/articles/115015960947-Privacy-Policy?rel=footer-privacy.
- The Prize Draw and these Terms (including any non-contractual disputes or claims arising out of them) are subject to English law. Any disputes must be referred to the English courts. Consumers in Scotland and Northern Ireland may additionally bring an action in their home courts.