Looking for answers? You've come to the right place.
Effective Date: May 25, 2018
This Cookie Notice applies to information collected and used by Dollar Shave Club (“DSC,” “we,” “our” or “us”) when customers access the DSC website. Like many companies, we use technology on our website to collect information that helps us enhance your experience and our products and services. The Cookies and various other technologies that we use at DSC allow our website to work and help us to understand what information and advertising is most useful to visitors. You are free to limit certain tracking or to decline Cookies in relation to Cookies which are not necessary, but by doing so, you may not be able to use certain features on our website or take full advantage of all of our offerings.
This Cookie Notice summarises the different types of cookies we use on our website, together with their respective purpose and provides you with the ability to manage these cookies. Please take a moment to familiarise yourself with our cookie practices and let us know if you have any questions by sending us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by submitting a request through the Contact Us form.
QUICK GUIDE TO CONTENTS
Cookies, pixel tags and similar technologies (collectively 'Cookies') are files containing small amounts of information which are stored by your browser (for example, Internet Explorer or Safari) on any Internet-enabled device – such as your computer, smart phone, or tablet – when you visit a website.
Cookies are then sent back to the originating website on each subsequent visit, or to another website that recognises that cookie. Cookies do lots of different and useful jobs, such as remembering your actions and preferences (such as login, language, font size and other display preferences), distinguishing you from other users of the DSC site, generally improving your online experience, and helping us to offer you the best product and services.
There are many different types of cookies. For a detailed list of cookies used on our websites, please refer to the section below on “What types of Cookies do we use?”.
We provide you with several ways to manage cookies:
- You can refuse to provide your consent to our collection of non-essential cookies;
- You can disable DSC or third-party cookies by use of your browser settings; or
- You can use opt-out tools provided by the Digital Advertising Alliance (DAA), European Interactive Digital Advertising Alliance (EDAA), or National Advertising Initiative (NAI) for participating companies.
(Click to see more)
Our performance, functionality and targeting/advertising Cookies are not strictly necessary for the DSC website to work but will provide you with a better browsing experience. You can delete or block these Cookies, but if you do this, you may have to manually adjust some preferences every time you visit the DSC site and some features of the site may not work as intended. For example, you may not be able to visit certain areas of the DSC site or you may not receive personalized information when you visit our site.
Control via your browser settings
Most internet browsers are initially set up to automatically accept Cookies. If you do not want our website to store Cookies on your computer or device, you can change or adjust your browser or device settings to block Cookies or to alert you when Cookies are being sent to your device.
If you use different devices to view and access the DSC website (e.g. your computer, smartphone, tablet, etc.) you will need to ensure that each browser on each device is adjusted to suit your Cookie preferences.
The procedures for changing your settings and cookies differ from browser to browser. If necessary, use the help function on your browser or click on one of the links below to go directly to the user manual for your browser.
- Disable Cookies in Internet Explorer >> Click here
- Disable Cookies in Chrome >> Click here
- Disable Cookies in Safari >> Click here
- Disable Cookies in FireFox >> Click here
- Disable Cookies in Safari IOS >> Click here
- Disable Cookies in Google Android >> Click here
To find out more about cookies, including how to see what cookies have been set and how to manage and delete them, visit www.allaboutcookies.org.
Additional Mechanisms for Exercising Choice
We, or other parties we do business with, may place or recognize unique cookies or other technologies placed on your browser when you visit the DSC website to collect information about your use of the website and your other online activities over time and across different websites and apps, and may use that information to serve interest-based advertisements to you as you browse the Internet.
To learn more about your choices for receiving interest-based advertising or to opt-out, please review the information below:
- DAA: To opt-out of such collection and use for interest-based advertising by the Digital Advertising Alliance (DAA) participating companies, please visit: http://www.aboutads.info/choices
- EDAA: To opt-out from the use of information about your online activities for interest-based advertising by European Interactive Digital Advertising Alliance (EDAA) participating companies, please visit: http://www.youronlinechoices.eu/.
- NAI: To opt-out from the use of information about your online activities for interest-based advertising by Network Advertising Initiative (NAI) participating companies, please visit: http://www.networkadvertising.org/choices/.
Please note that even if you opt-out, you may still receive advertisements from DSC that are not customized based on Cookies.
The cookies used on our website may be generally categorised as follows:
- Necessary/Essential Cookies. These cookies are necessary to make our website function and do not identify you as an individual.
- Performance Cookies. These cookies help us understand how you interact with the website and do not identify you as an individual.
- Functionality Cookies. The information these cookies collect may include personal data that you have disclosed.
- Targeting or Advertising Cookies. Most types of these cookies track consumers via their Device ID or IP address therefore they may collect personal data.
- Third-Party Cookies. Based on the type of cookies used by the relevant third-party, the information these cookies collect may include personal data.
(Click to see more)
These Cookies are essential to make our website work correctly, they enable you to move around our website and use our features. Without these, you would not be able to navigate between pages or use certain vital features of our website. For example we use a necessary Cookie to record where you have added an item into your basket so you are able to view and pay for this item when you checkout. These Cookies are necessary for the provision of the Service to you and we do not require your consent for use of these particular Cookies. If you do not want us to collect such information, you must cease using our website immediately. By continuing to use our website, you accept that these necessary Cookies are vital for provision of such services and will be placed on your browser as normal.
- Do these cookies collect personal data/identify me? These cookies do not identify you as an individual. If your browser does not accept these cookies, it may affect the performance of the website, or parts thereof.
These Cookies help us understand how you interact with the DSC website by providing information about the areas visited, the time spent on the website, and any issues encountered, such as error messages. This helps us improve the performance of our website. They also may be used to keep track of what featured products or videos have been viewed to avoid repetition, and to enable you to engage with social tools, such as blogs, chatrooms and forums.
- Do these cookies collect personal data/identify me? These cookies do not identify you as an individual. All information these cookies collect is aggregated and therefore anonymous. It is only used to improve how a website works.
These Cookies allow the DSC website to remember if you have previously visited our site or the choices you make (such as your user name, language, region or preferences) to provide a more personalised online experience. These cookies may also be used to remember changes you have made to text size, fonts and other parts of web pages that you can customise. Similarly, they may be used to keep track of what featured products or videos have been viewed to avoid repetition, and to enable you to engage with social tools, such as blogs, chatrooms and forums.
- Do these cookies collect personal data/identify me? The information these cookies collect may include personal data that you have disclosed. If you do not accept these cookies, it may affect the performance and functionality of the website and may restrict access to content on the website.
Targeting or Advertising Cookies
These Cookies are used to deliver content that is more relevant to you and your interests. They may be used to deliver targeted advertising or to limit the number of times you see an advertisement. They help us measure the effectiveness of advertising campaigns on our websites and may also result in your seeing advertisements for some of our products you may be interested in when visiting other websites or apps. We may use these Cookies to remember websites you have visited and we may share this information with third parties, including advertisers and our agencies.
- Do these cookies collect personal data/identify me? Most types of these cookies track consumers via their computer or device ID or IP address therefore they may collect personal data.
Third Party Cookies
We use a number of partners that may also set cookies on your device on our behalf when you visit our websites to allow them to deliver tailored DSC advertising within their domains, for example Facebook and Google DoubleClick. We endeavour to identify these cookies before they are used so that you can decide whether you wish to accept them or not. We also use a number of partners to provide digital experiences and functionalities on our websites. For example, while browsing the DSC website, you may be served cookies from third-parties who provide some of its features on our websites (e.g., a YouTube video), although you have withdrawn or declined your consent to our cookies. This happens because you have directly given your consent to the use of their cookies. In such cases, you should directly withdraw your consent on the relevant third-party website.
- Do these cookies collect personal data/identify me? Based on the type of cookies used by the relevant third-party, the information these cookies collect may include personal data.
Duration of the Cookies We Use
In terms of duration, we may use two different types of cookies on our websites:
- Session Cookies. These Cookies are temporary cookies that remain on your computer or device until you leave our websites. They allow websites to link your actions during a browser session. We may use these for a variety of purposes such as remembering what you clicked on, on the previous page visited. These session Cookies expire after a browser session so would not be stored longer term. For this reason, session Cookies are generally considered less privacy intrusive than persistent Cookies; or
- Persistent Cookies. These cookies remain on your computer or device for much longer or until you manually delete them (how long the cookie remains on your device will depend on the duration or “lifetime” of the specific cookie, as well as your browser settings, as stated below). Persistent Cookies may be used for a variety of purposes including remembering users’ preferences and choices when using a site or to target advertising.